Behaviour Interventionist – Casual
NOVEMBER 29, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-120
Position: Behaviour Interventionist – Casual
Location: Prince George
Hours: Casual with availability of at least 20 hours/week
We are looking for someone who is interested in working as a Behaviour Interventionist to join our Sources B.A.S.I.C. program team! A Behaviour Interventionist provides direct one-to-one teaching to young children diagnosed with autism and other developmental disorders. They work as a part of an interdisciplinary team, under the direct mentorship and supervision of a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst. The successful candidate will be supported in attaining certification as a Registered Behaviour Technician or one of the other levels of certification awarded through the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At SOURCES we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources B.A.S.I.C. program provides evidence-based behaviour intervention, analysis and consultation services based on the principles of applied behaviour analysis and positive behaviour support.
Services are primarily provided to individuals with autism but are open to anyone else requiring these support with challenging behaviour or skill deficits. Services are provided primarily in the Prince George area. This program also provides the clinical supervision required by individuals seeking certification through the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board. All services are clinically supervised by board-certified behaviour analysts in order to ensure services are evidence based and maximize behaviour change and skill acquisition.
- · Use teaching methods to target specific program goals as directed by a Behavioural Consultant and implementing teaching programs and other interventions as outlined on the student’s behavioural plan of intervention.
- · Collecting data, monitoring, recording and reviewing client progress with consultant and other team members.
- · Writing accurate session notes and maintaining files.
- · Attending and participating in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- · High school diploma, two years post-secondary education in a related field preferred (psychology, education, social work, etc.)
- · Experience working with children with autism and experience/ability managing and responding to aggressive behaviour is preferred.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- · Available for work at least 20 hours/week, possibly weekends and evenings.
- · Valid BC driver’s license.
- · Criminal record check required.
- · Reliable vehicle.
Start Date: ASAP
- · N/A
Closing Date: December 10, 2021
internal candidates will be contacted by: December 10, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.