Housing Worker – Permanent, Full Time
APRIL 25, 2022 | EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-043
Position: Housing First Housing Worker – Permanent Full Time
Location: Newton Resource Centre
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm, 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Housing First Housing Worker to join our Sources Housing Support Services team.
This individual must be compassionate, assertive, and a team player.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Newton Resource Centre
The Newton Resource Centre offers a variety of services for individuals who a living in poverty including those who are homeless. These programs focus on supporting individuals to obtain and maintain essential income and living resources including income assistance, other government benefits, and affordable rental housing. Our Housing Support Services assist individuals who are homeless and at imminent risk of homelessness. This team works collaboratively to address the unique and complex needs of each individual as well as works in partnership with other service providers in the community to address the needs of this target population.
- This position delivers housing placement services.
Assesses and plans course of action with clients
· Works with clients in obtaining housing, then supports the clients in achieving their housing stabilization plans.
- · Provides support through crisis, potential challenges with landlords.
- · Provides written communications on behalf of the client, accompaniment to meetings, suite viewings and other stabilization advancement appointments to ensure follow-through happens.
- · Ensures access to all pertinent services and encourages development of support networks.
- · Provides support for clients to develop life skills and accessing volunteer and employment opportunities.
- · Promotes relationships with project partners, community, other human serving organizations and general public. Attends to administrative and reporting requirements.
- · Minimum 2 years’ post-secondary education or equivalent experience in a related field
- · Awareness of poverty related issues
- · Knowledge of local community resources
- · Vehicle, valid class 5 driver’s license, and clean driving abstract
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: May 6, 2022 Internal candidates will be contacted by May 6, 2022
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jay Blaschuk, Housing Support Services Manager at email@example.com . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.