Intake Worker – Temporary, Part Time
APRIL 25, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-044
Position: Intake Worker Counselling Services, Temporary until July 1, 2022, Part-time
Location: Maple St.
Hours: 12 hrs/wk
We are looking for an Intake Worker to join our Sources Counselling Services team! This individual must be empathetic, kind-hearted and detail oriented.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Description of position
Reporting to the Program Manager of Counselling Services, the Intake Worker is a temporary employee of Sources Community Resources.
- · Conducting phone intakes with new clients requesting services
- · Providing information and resources appropriate to clients
- · Record keeping
- · Maintenance of client files and databases for Sources Counselling Programs
- · Ensuring confidentiality of client information
- Preference that the candidate possesses a diploma or certificate from a business college in Medical Office Administration, Administrative Assistant or a Substance Use
- Services Diploma or related from a recognized institution of training or equivalent.
- Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and central data systems
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Two years related experience required. Experience in a clinical atmosphere is an asset. Must be able to work independently and have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Experience in social services, customer services or substance use services are assets to this position.
- Standard First Aid and CPR (Training may be accessed through Sources)
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Training (Training may be accessed through Sources)
- Criminal Records check through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Records Review Program Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and driver’s abstract
Start Date: May 9, 2022
· Employee & Family Assistance plan
Closing Date: May 2, 2022. Internal candidates will be contacted by May 3, 2022
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.