Program Manager – Permanent, Full Time
APRIL 28, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-047
Position: Residential Program Manager- Permanent Full-Time
Location: Primrose Centre, Ladner, BC
Hours: 40 hours a week (must be available to work at minimum one evening a week and 2 weekend days a month)
We are looking for a Permanent Residential Program Manager to join our Sources Community Living team! This individual must be compassionate, driven and possess strong leadership skills.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Community Living
Sources Community Living provides all-encompassing care for residents who have been referred to us by Community Living British Columbia. We are a COA accredited non-profit agency and are licensed by Fraser Health Community Care. Georgia House is one of Sources many community living programs that provide residence to adults with developmental disabilities and/or autism who require assistance in their day to day lives. Our mission is to enable the pursuit of the best quality of life possible for residents. We do this by fostering independence, well-being and social participation and our Program Managers play a vital role in this development.
- · Program Management- ensure all policies and procedures are followed and in accordance with Sources, CLBC, Fraser Health Licensing, Council on Accreditation standards and Worksafe BC
- · Personnel Management- not limited to but including: recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating and coaching staff. Conducts performance corrections and responds to grievances as needed. Prepares the staffing schedule and provides input on staffing models.
- · Program Development- provides ongoing assessment of services offered and delivered. Actively searching for new opportunities for the residents to grow, develop life skills and engage in community.
- · Resident Care- Advocates for and ensures client care is delivered at the highest standard, while maintaining health, emotional, family and community supports.
- · Fund management- maintain program expenses within the allotted budget. Prepare financial reports and submit expenses within a timely manner. Maintain the physical building ensuring the home is upkept, safe, homey and clean.
- · Degree (strongly preferred) or diploma in a discipline related to developmental disabilities with a minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- · Experience working with people with Autism or other developmental disabilities.
- · Experience with and/or knowledge of various behaviour support designs including positive behavioural support and intervention strategies.
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- · Willing and able to work daytime, evening and weekend hours as required based on the needs of the program.
- · Possess strong interpersonal skills to maintain positive working relationships with families, professionals, and community members.
- · Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work independently.
- · Proven leadership skills including team development.
- · First Aid and CPR training must be current and equivalent to Worksafe/Licensing requirements.
- · Completion of NCI and Autism training provided by Sources.
- · Must possess a current Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License
- · Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- · In good physical condition in order to participate in activities with clients as well as utilize physical restraint and/or control techniques.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: open until filled.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Christine Conlin, Director of Community Living, email@example.com Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.