Program Manager – Temporary, Part Time
May 27, 2022|INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-056
Position: Crossroads Program Manager – Temporary Part-Time (approx. 6 months)
Location: Crossroads Community Inclusion Services – Delta (Ladner)
Hours: 30 hrs/wk – Monday to Friday
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our Sources Crossroads Community Inclusion team! This individual must possess strong critical thinking and management skills, be highly competent in communicating and leading others, be able to instill a culture of accountability and trust, and foster confidence in a collaborative team environment.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Crossroads Community Inclusion Services
Our mission is to support clients in identifying & pursuing their aspirations in line with their needs, desires and abilities.
The Crossroads program is a long standing and specialized Community Inclusion program based in the heart of Ladner, BC. At Crossroads, we focus on developing individualized supports for clients with varying developmental disabilities. Through person centred planning, the knowledgeable support staff work alongside each client to learn ways for them overcome barriers that may be present in allowing each client to have the best possible quality of life within their own community. Primary areas of focus are in employment, social and life skill development, health and fitness, and behaviour management.
- · Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluation of the overall quality of service delivery of the Crossroads program.
- · Reporting on program outcomes annually and actively participate and lead in progressive quality improvement initiatives.
- · Be visible and readily accessible for the Crossroads staff team, clients, and stakeholders
- · Oversee the continual improvement of the Crossroads staff team through on-going professional development and education
- · Provide both positive and constructive feedback and conduct performance plans/evaluations on all Crossroads staff on a regular basis.
- · Engage in performance management, coaching and progressive corrective actions as necessary in a unionized setting.
- · Providing orientation, training, work direction and guidance to Community Support Workers both during on-boarding and throughout.
- · Ensuring that clients’ physical, emotional, social, educational, medical needs are being met and directly assists clients to enhance quality of life and personal life goals while receiving services within Crossroads.
- · To work directly with clients in the Crossroads programs whenever necessary to ensure program commitments are being met and delivered safely.
- · Ensure that all OH&S, Policy and Procedures, Accreditation regulations, and all other relevant governing obligations are being adhered to by the program and staff team
- · Maintaining a safe work environment for both staff and service users alike, including following and monitoring all positive behavior support strategies as they apply to clients in service. This includes being confident and familiar with Non-Violent Crisis Intervention material so as to guide and teach staff effectively in adhering to concepts taught.
- · Liaise and maintain professional relationships with parents, clients, community partners and various other program stakeholders.
- · Keep organized, detailed and confidential records on a database system using clear, professional and objective language.
- · A minimum bachelor’s level of post-secondary education (preferably in social sciences)
- · A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- · A minimum of 5 years working experience in the community living sector
- · A combination of the above
- · Ability to work independently
- · Confidence and competence with being in a leadership role, including directing others and holding others accountable in regards to performance and professional conduct.
- · Strong working knowledge with positive behavior support strategies as well as general knowledge of the community living population.
- · Must be in fit enough physical condition to directly support clients in service as well as confident and competent in managing clients in crisis who may exhibit physical risk behaviours.
- · High competence level in clear and concise verbal and written communication, including an excellent skillset in writing and editing of reports as well as general communications to various stakeholders including families, funders, and community partners.
- · Possess critical thinking skills and be able to manage stress and crisis while instilling confidence and reassurance to others.
- · High proficiency level in using Microsoft Office applications and technology applications in general.
- · High proficiency level in using Microsoft Office and Share Vision applications.
- · Willingness to gain additional knowledge and education is an asset.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Upon return of permanent employee, January 2023
Closing Date: June 10, 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by June 24, 2022.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Christine Conlin, Director of Community Living Services, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.