Assistant Behaviour Consultant – Permanent, Part Time
NOVEMBER 22st 2022| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-144
Position: Assistant Behaviour Consultant – Permanent, Part Time
Location: Prince George
Hours: 21 hours per week (to be re-evaluated on March 31st 2023)
We are looking for an Assistant Behaviour Consultant to join our Sources Behaviour Analysis and Consultation team in Prince George BC! This individual must be compassionate, motivated, organized and possess outstanding communication skills.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Description of position
Reporting to the Manager of Behavioural Services, the Assistant Behaviour Consultant works within the Behaviour Analysis & Consultation West (BACW) team. Assistant Behaviour Consultants provide services to persons with neurodevelopmental needs, including autism, trauma, attachment disruption, and mental health concerns. Families are provided with caregiver training, one-on-one guidance, and follow-up assistance. Families experiencing higher levels of challenging behaviour with children/youth receive a more individualized approach to service. After a comprehensive plan is created with the family and analyst, the Assistant Behaviour Consultant supports the family through plan implementation.
- · Effective and collaborative communication with MCFD staff is essential
- · Contributing to a strong team environment
- · Schedules and attends meetings
- · Some administration duties are required
- · Training other team members (school staff, counsellors, etc.) when required
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- · Regional travel is required on a regular basis
- · Maintain a caseload and provide direct services to families referred to the program
- · Conduct assessments and positive behaviour training sessions
- · Position is clinically supervised by a BCBA, which can be used towards certification hours
- · Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, or another related field
- · Must be willing to travel to other communities within the region, including Quesnel and Burns Lake
- · Minimum 2 years working with families, or other related experience.
- · Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: Internal candidates will be contacted by December 1st 2022
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.