Youth Worker – Temporary, Part Time
Nov. 1, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-140
Position: Youth Worker
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 25 hours per week – Temporary, Part-Time until 31 March, 2023
We are looking for a Youth Worker to join our Sources Oceanside team! This individual must be strong in their knowledge of adolescent development and supportive ways to reach out to youth, experienced in providing trauma informed and culturally safe care, and able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Description of position
Reporting to the MHSS Team Leader, the Youth Worker is a temporary employee of Sources Community Resources.
- · Provide support to youth around life skills, relationships, emotional regulation, and socialization.
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- · This position will be a combination of one-on-one outreach sessions as well as facilitating community activities as part of the Youth Services Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services Field (Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Criminology, Psychology) or suitable combination of training and experience.
- Two years experience providing support and outreach services to youth in the community.
- Knowledgeable in Trauma Informed Practice and have experience providing trauma-focused services to children and youth.
- Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and central data systems
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Training (Training may be accessed through Sources)
- Criminal Records check through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Records Review Program Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and driver’s abstract
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Grid 11 – $23.10 per hour F
Benefits (if applicable):
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: Open until filled.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Graham Smith at email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.