Infant Development Consultant – Early Years Hub – Permanent, Part time
March 29, 2023
COMPETITION NO. 23-027
Position: Infant Development Consultant – Early Years Hub: Part Time (requires H.S.A. union membership)
Location: Sources Infant Development Program –7327 137th Street, Surrey BC V3W 1A4
Hours: 28 per week
We are looking for an Infant Development Consultant to join our Sources Infant Development Program team! This individual must be outgoing, passionate about children and self-motivated. This position involves supporting families through community program development.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization providing support, encouragement, and hope to the communities of White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for over 40 years. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities, and abilities to work with us. Sources strives to create vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, substance use, mental health, poverty, and conflict. We support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
Sources is committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation, and resurgence. We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we promote our mission: social wellness for our community.
Sources Infant Development Program
The Infant Development Program is a home visiting program for families with children from birth to 3 years of age who are at risk or diagnosed with developmental delays. Working as an IDP consultant is rewarding as you make a real difference to families by supporting them during what is often a challenging time in their lives. This position provides an opportunity to learn about different cultures and family systems, and work closely with community professionals in related fields while supporting families with their child’s developmental needs. This position is a part of the Early Years Hub, a program run in partnership with The Centre for Child Development in Surrey.
Responsibilities include but not limited to Early Years Hub:
- Program development as part of the Early Years Hub team
- Responsible for leading drop-in groups with children aged birth to five and parents as required, onsite and in the community
- Facilitate educational groups
- Completing developmental screening, and if needed, visiting families with children who are at risk for or diagnosed with developmental delays.
- Providing developmental consults, strategies, suggestions, and information to families
- Liaison with community programs
- Available to work the occasional Saturday
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a field related to child development
- Minimum one-year experience as an Infant Development Consultant preferred
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the principles and practices of family centered care
- Training and experience in working with young children and families are essential
- Competency, acquired through training, in principles and techniques of early intervention in delayed development
- Knowledge of the broader medical, social, educational, and behavioural aspects of development and disability
- Experience in facilitating groups an asset
- Knowledge of the city of Surrey and existing community services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is essential
- Competency with computers and video chat platforms is required
- A second language is desirable
- A cell phone, valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required for work
- Criminal record check is required
- Proof of COVID vaccination is required
Start Date: This position starts as soon as possible
Salary: $33.83 – $41.32 (as per union contract)
- 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- Long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Employee & Family Assistance plan
- Pension plan
- Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: April 7, 2023.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Cristina Wu, Interim Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org