Admin Assistant – Casual
MARCH 23, 2023| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 23-024
Position: Casual/On-Call Administrative Assistant
Hours: Up to 14 hours per month (flexible) and on-call as required
We are looking for an Administrative Support to join our Sources Oceanside Team! This individual must be well organized, detail-oriented, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization providing support and hope to communities in the Lower Mainland, on Vancouver Island, and across Northern BC. Sources strives to create vibrant and resilient communities through support to adults, children, youth, and families facing challenges in life such as mental health, disability, poverty, substance use, and conflict. We support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
Sources is committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth and reconciliation. People of all races, cultures, ethnicities, LGBTQ2S+, and abilities are welcomed to work with us. We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we promote our mission: social wellness for our community.
Description of position
Reporting to the CDS Team Leader, the Administrative Support is a casual employee of Sources Community Resources.
- · Providing administrative support including filing, archiving and scanning
- · Reception coverage
- · Other related administrative duties as required.
- · Highschool diploma.
- · Related work experience or education beneficial, but not required.
- · Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and central data systems
- · Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English.
- · We provide support to members of our community; confidentiality is paramount for this position.
- · Strong ability to de-escalate and remain calm during stressful moments.
- · Clear Criminal Records check through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Records Review.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $18.98 – $22.11 / hour
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan when eligible
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Julie Snowden (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.