Community Living Worker – Casual
MARCH 23, 2023| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 23-023
Position: Community Living Worker – Casual
Location: Stayte House, South Surrey
Hours: Must be available to work a variety of shifts to include morning, afternoons & overnights
We are looking for a Community Living Worker to join our Sources Community Living Services team! This individual must be Passionate about working with people, Engaging, and Empathic.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization providing support, encouragement, and hope to the communities of White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for over 40 years. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities, and abilities to work with us. Sources strives to create vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, substance use, mental health, poverty, and conflict. We support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
Sources is committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation, and resurgence. We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we promote our mission: social wellness for our community.
Description of position
Sources Community Living provides all-encompassing care for individuals who have been referred to us by Community Living British Columbia. We are currently recruiting for our residential and community inclusion programs in Delta. These programs support individuals with intellectual disabilities and mental health related needs. Our mission is to enable the pursuit of the best quality of life possible for our clients. We do this by fostering independence, well-being and social participation.
- · build relationships
- · coach and guide
- · aid and support
- · work as a collaborative team
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- · keep notes and review progress
- · Maintain a safe work environment for both staff and service users alike, including following and monitoring all positive behavior support strategies as they apply to clients in service. This includes being confident and familiar with Non-Violent Crisis Intervention material.
- · you have empathy and are self aware
- · take initiative and work with integrity
- · you have the physical ability to engage in a variety of home and community-based activities
- · you are knowledgeable or have experience in areas of mental health and intellectual disabilities
- · you have a valid driver’s license
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: CUPE Grid 10 ($21.63-$25.19)
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan (when eligible)
Closing Date: April 7th, 2023 Internal candidates will be contacted by April 12, 2023
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.