Driver – Casual
MARCH 23, 2023| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 23-025
Position: Sources Food Security Programs -Casual Driver
Location: Langley/Surrey/White Rock
Hours: 12-20 hours
We are looking for a Casual Driver to join our Sources Food Security team! This individual must have a clean driver’s abstract, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization providing support and hope to communities in the Lower Mainland, on Vancouver Island, and across Northern BC. Sources strives to create vibrant and resilient communities through support to adults, children, youth, and families facing challenges in life such as mental health, disability, poverty, substance use, and conflict. We support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
Sources is committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth and reconciliation. People of all races, cultures, ethnicities, LGBTQ2S+, and abilities are welcomed to work with us. We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we promote our mission: social wellness for our community.
Description of position
Sources Regional Food Hub rescues and redistributes food in Surrey/Langley and White Rock. We redistribute food to our community partners through a subscription-based model of service. We deliver to numerous community agencies and partners through centralized or decentralized service delivery points. We aim to prevent and reduce food waste, promote food waste education, and enhance food access and security in our community.
Reporting to the Manager of Food Security Programs, the Driver is a permanent employee of Sources Community Resources.
- · Participate as a food security team member in planning and execution of food security duties.
- · Embrace cultural diversity, LGBTQ2S and reconciliation.
- · Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- · Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- · Ability and willingness to work cooperatively.
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- Pick up food and goods from community businesses in White Rock, Surrey, and Langley
- Deliver food and goods to community partners.
- Weigh and track all delivery weights and types of foods.
- Maintain the safety of the vehicle including vehicle logs, and safety inspections and ensure the vehicle is fueled and cleaned.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Enthusiasm and passion to address community hunger and food waste
- Knowledge of the noted communities and surrounding areas is an asset
- · Grade 12 education
- · Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and central data systems
- · Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- · Current Food Safe certificate (Training may be accessed through Sources)
- · Standard First Aid and CPR (Training may be accessed through Sources)
- · Criminal Records check through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Records Review Program
- · Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract
Start Date: ASAP
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan when eligible
Closing Date: April 6 , 2023. Internal candidates will be contacted by April 6, 2023
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Deirdre Goudriaan, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.