Part Time – FCC Family Therapist
October 3, 2023| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 23-132
Position: Part Time – FCC Family Therapist
Location: Family Connection Center – Youth Services Program – Surrey BC
Hours: 21 hrs/week
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced family therapist to join our Sources Family Connections Centre team. This individual must be a great team player, have a passion for working with youth, and have a good understanding of trauma informed, attachment-based, culturally safe, harm reduction and strength-based approaches.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization providing support and hope to communities in the Lower Mainland, on Vancouver Island, and across Northern BC. Sources strives to create vibrant and resilient communities through support to adults, children, youth, and families facing challenges in life such as mental health, disability, poverty, substance use, and conflict. We support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
Sources is committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth and reconciliation. People of all races, cultures, ethnicities, LGBTQ2S+, and abilities are welcomed to work with us. We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we promote our mission: social wellness for our community.
Description of position
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Family Therapist is a part-time, permanent employee of Sources Community Resources. FCC is a unique, five-day per week, residential program that assists families to stay together or reunify. The dynamic FCC Family Therapist provides emotion-focused family and individual therapy to clients of the Family Connections Center and supports fostering change in youth and their families. This temporary part-time position is responsible for the clinical direction at the program.
- Provides direct in-person and virtual individual and family therapy to caregivers and youth.
- Provides direct caregiver support discussing parenting and emotion-focused strategies.
- Attends Integrative Case Management meetings with schools, government offices, and other community supports.
- Completes service plans, psychosocial assessments, and the required documentation of service delivery at FCC such as consent forms for service and exchange of information.
- Meets regularly with Youth Workers and Program Manager at FCC to offer direction and support in terms of the treatment process.
- Liaises with Social Workers, Ministry for Child and Family Development Liaisons and other involved professionals.
- As a member of the FCC staff team, attends regular meetings and participates in consultation activities with the Program Manager.
- Consults regularly with the Clinical Supervisor about treatment, therapy, and clinical issues.
- Ensures that Sources Community Services Society policies and procedures are followed as well as the operating procedures of the FCC.
- Participates in quality improvement and evaluation process implemented by the Program Manager of the FCC.
- Ensures that the rights, dignity, and confidentiality of all clients are maintained.
- Completes other duties assigned by Program Manager, as requested.
Program Specific Responsibilities
- Participate in group night (Wednesday evenings) from time to time.
- Be willing to work 1-2 evenings per week.
- Lead clinical staff meetings (every two weeks)
- Preferred qualifications include master’s level training in psychology (MA) or social work (MSW).
- Three to five year’s experience and familiarity with residential child-care an asset. Working clinical knowledge in family systems, attachment theories, harm-reduction and trauma informed approaches, youth cognitive and physical development, PTSD and other mental health diagnoses, substance use and other barrier facing youth and their families. Experience adapting program based on cultural awareness and commitment to truth and reconciliation is also required. Sound working knowledge of current Child and Youth Care practices. Excellent verbal and written skills.
- First aid and CPR training is current and equivalent to WorkSafe/licensing requirements.
Benefits (if applicable):
- 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Employee & Family Assistance plan
- Pension plan
- Generous paid time off, starting at 1.5 weeks per part time status.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Samantha Fine, Program Manager, email@example.com Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.