Empowered for Employment – Building Service Worker Program
The Empowered for Employment – Building Service Worker program is a free 11-week program for Survivors of Domestic Violence to gain skills training and obtain employment in the building service industry.
- FREE Occupational Skills Training provided by Vancouver Community College – Building Service Worker Certificate, SuperHost Customer Service , WHMIS, Occupational First Aid and FOODSAFE
- Job Preparation workshops, job search strategies, soft skills and workplace expectations
- Work Practicum
- Job Search & Placement Assistance
Who is eligible?
- Survivors of domestic or sexual violence
- Unemployed or Underemployed
- Seeking training and employment
- Resident of BC, Canadian citizen or permanent resident
Start your success story with us!
Training will be provided through a combination of online and on-site/ in-person training. Require access to a computer with camera and microphone, WiFi and basic digital technology skills.
*Participation incentives: loaner laptop, childcare financial support, and up to $700 in completion and employment bonuses!
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Friday||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|