Empowered for Employment
Building Service Worker Program
The Empowered for Employment – Building Service Worker program is a NEW and FREE program for Women who are Survivors of Violence.
The program offers vocational training and integrates Empowerment Skills, Workplace Skills, Job Search Assistance and Practicum Placement to prepare women to enter the workforce with skills and confidence.
Start your Success Story with Us!
- 11 weeks of classroom training and workshops
- Building Service Worker certification from Vancouver Community College
- Short-term certificates: Food Safe, WHMIS, First Aid and SuperHost
- Practicum placement and job development
- Resume writing, interview coaching/preparation and job search techniques
- Lunch and transportation may be provided
- Resident of the Lower Mainland
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or underemployed (less than 20 hours/week)
- Not eligible for EI benefits or have received EI in the past 3 years
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Friday||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|