Empowered for Employment – Skills Work
This program is open and offering virtual services as part of our efforts to fight COVID-19 and maintain the health, safety and well-being of our staff, volunteers, clients and community.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Learn more about SOURCES’ response to COVID-19 here.
The Empowered for Employment – Skills Work program is a free program for persons with disabilities to gain skills training and prepare for and obtain employment.
This is a 12-week program currently being offered virtually!
- Individualized planning and training to build your ‘Employability’ skills and get you working!
- Job Preparation workshops, career exploration, job search strategies, essential computer skills, soft skills and workplace expectations
- Short-Term Certificate Training such as SuperHost Customer Service, WHMIS, Serving It Right, Occupational First Aid, Forklift, FOODSAFE, etc.
- Work Experience
- Job Search & Placement Assistance
Who is eligible?
- Self identify as a person with a disability
- Resident of BC, Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Unemployed or Underemployed
- Seeking employment and/or further education/training
Start your success story with us!
Training is delivered online. Require basic digital technology skills and a computer with camera, microphone and WiFi.
*Participation incentives: laptop loaner, childcare financial support, and up to $700 in completion and employment bonuses!
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Friday||8:30 am – 4:00 pm|