Sources Rent Bank
The Sources Rent Bank issues low income individuals and families a one-time crisis loan. We can provide a loan for up to $1,200 for a single person or up to $1,600 for a family.
Our loans can be used for rental arrears or utility arrears. We can also provide a damage deposit and first month’s rent in special circumstances.
This Program is self-funded through donations generated at our annual Coldest Night of the Year event.
- Are you eligible?
There are specific eligibility criteria you must meet in order to be eligible for a loan:
- Income must be below the federal government’s low income threshold
- Currently reside within the cities of Surrey, White Rock or Delta
- Have experienced an unexpected one-time crisis which has caused you to be behind on your rent or utilities.
- Not able to access other government assistance
- Have the means to repay the loan. (We require a certain amount of disposable income each month for repayment)
- Have no outstanding debt or undischarged bankruptcies
You also need to provide 3 months of bank statements, picture ID and a Tenancy Agreement.
- How to Apply
You can apply for the Sources Rent Bank loan program by completing the Rent Bank Pre-Assessment application.
Download the form here or pick one up at Sources Newton Resource Centre (address below).
Once completed, submit the application either in person to Sources Newton Resource Centre, fax it to the Centre at 604-596-2319 or email it to email@example.com.
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Friday||9:00 am – 4:30 pm|
Note: Closed from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Find more information on our Ask An Advocate website.