Sources Rent Bank
This program is temporarily limited for in-person services as part of our efforts to fight COVID-19 and maintain the health, safety and well-being of our staff, volunteers, clients and community.
If you have questions about your appointment, please contact staff at 604-596-2311.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Learn more about SOURCES’ response to COVID-19 here.
The Sources Rent Bank may issue low income individuals and families a one-time crisis loan for residents of Surrey, White Rock, Langley and North Delta. It is a program with the aim of providing families with loans to prevent homelessness due to a one-time unexpected circumstance. We may provide a loan for up to $1,200 for a single person or up to $1,600 for a family.
Our loans can be used for rental arrears or utility arrears. We may also provide a damage deposit and first month’s rent in special circumstances.
Furthermore, the applicant must show that they have the means to repay the loan, meet the eligibility criteria, and provide the following documents (but is not limited to); three months of bank statements, picture ID, proof of debt and a tenancy agreement.
- Completion of form does not guarantee a loan.
- The process may roughly take 1-3 weeks from when you first make an inquiry to when you receive funds.
Sources Rent Bank is generously funded by the Greater Vancouver Community Assistance Foundation through BC Rent Bank as well as by donations generated through the Coldest Night of the Year (White Rock) fundraiser.
- Are you eligible?
- Income must be below the federal government’s low income threshold
- Currently reside within the cities of Surrey, White Rock, Langley or North Delta
- Have experienced an unexpected one-time crisis which has caused you to be behind on your rent or utilities
- You will need to provide proof of debt (e.g. eviction notice, disconnection notice, etc.)
- Not able to access other government assistance
- Have the means to repay the loan (certain amount of disposable income is required each month for repayment)
- Have no outstanding debt or undischarged bankruptcies
You will also need to provide three months of bank statements, picture ID and a tenancy agreement.
- How to Apply
You can apply for the Sources Rent Bank loan program by:
Complete the Rent Bank Application Form:
Click to download the form or pick one up at Sources Newton Resource Centre (address below).
Submit the completed application form and 3 months of bank statements:
In person: Newton Resource Centre (102-13771 72A Avenue, Surrey)
By fax: (604) 596-2319
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Friday||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|
Find more information on our Ask An Advocate website.