Sources Rent Bank
The Sources Rent Bank may issue low income individuals and families a one-time crisis loan for residents of Surrey, White Rock and Delta. It is a program with the aim of providing families with loans to prevent homelessness due to a one-time unexpected circumstance. We may provide a loan for up to $1,200 for a single person or up to $1,600 for a family.
Our loans can be used for rental arrears or utility arrears. We may also provide a damage deposit and first month’s rent in special circumstances.
Furthermore, the applicant must show that they have the means to repay the loan, meet the eligibility criteria, and provide the following documents (but is not limited to): 3 months of bank statements, picture ID, proof of debt, and a tenancy agreement.
- Completion of form does not guarantee a loan.
- The process takes roughly 2-3 weeks from when you first make an inquiry to when you receive funds.
This Program is self-funded through donations generated at our annual Coldest Night of the Year event.
- Are you eligible?
- Income must be below the federal government’s low income threshold
- Currently reside within the cities of Surrey, White Rock or Delta
- Have experienced an unexpected one-time crisis which has caused you to be behind on your rent or utilities.
- You will need to provide proof of debt (e.g. eviction notice, disconnection notice, etc.)
- Not able to access other government assistance
- Have the means to repay the loan (certain amount of disposable income is required each month for repayment)
- Have no outstanding debt or undischarged bankruptcies
You also need to provide 3 months of bank statements, picture ID and a Tenancy Agreement.
- How to Apply
You can apply for the Sources Rent Bank loan program by completing the Rent Bank Loan Application and submitting 3 months bank statements.
Download the form here or pick one up at Sources Newton Resource Centre (address below).
Once completed, submit the application and 3 months bank statements to Sources Newton Resource Centre, by fax 604-596-2319, or by email to email@example.com.
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Friday||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|
Find more information on our Ask An Advocate website.