Overdose Prevention Site (Peace Point)
The Peace Point Overdose Prevention Site (OPS) was opened by Fraser Health in late 2021 and is overseen by Sources Community Resources Society.
The OPS helps support people in South Surrey and White Rock who use substances and connects them with the health services they need. The Peace Point centre will serve anyone who wants to have their substance use witnessed, providing them with a safe and welcoming environment while mitigating the risks to them of ingesting contaminated or toxic drugs.
In addition, the facility will provide:
- Overdose prevention education
- Take Home Naloxone training and distribution
- Onsite monitoring of people who are at risk of overdose
- Rapid detection of and response to overdose where necessary
- Harm reduction supply distribution and disposal options
- Facilitation of referrals to health services, including appropriate mental health and substance use services
People under 19 years of age will receive extra support and additional assessment measures if they agree to receiving service.
Learn more about SOURCES’ Substance Use Services.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||5:30 pm – 11:00 pm|
|Tuesday||5:30 pm – 11:00 pm|
|Friday||5:30 pm – 11:00 pm|
|Saturday – Sunday||10:00 am – 4:30 pm|
Note: Hours may be adjusted in response to demand and other considerations. Witnessed consumption takes place only during these hours.