DiscoverY is a free short-term counselling program for youth and young adults between the ages of 15 and 25.
Youth and young adults are faced with many obstacles in this day and age, including the transition from high school to post-secondary or the workplace, navigating new relationships and familial expectations, and all the while exploring who they are in the world. This can be a very confusing and tumultuous time for many and we often need someone to come alongside us and help us explore who we are and who we want to become.
Our counsellors provide eight free counselling sessions with the goal of helping our clients build resilience and explore new ways of communicating, coping, and relating with both themselves as well as with the world around them.
At DiscoverY, some of the areas we can help you address are:
- Improving mood and anxiety
- Learning basic stress management techniques and coping strategies
- Building resilience and finding joy
- Developing healthy communication skills and boundaries in relationships
- Navigating the transition into adulthood
- Improving self-esteem and learning assertiveness skills
- Understanding and exploring gender identity and sexual orientation
This program is funded by the Block Family Foundation, the Bosa Family Foundation, Elkay Developments, the Rotary Club of White Rock, the Semiahmoo Rotary Club and the Sources Foundation.