Volunteer Services – Shop By Phone
The Shop-by-Phone program is a grocery shopping service for residents of White Rock/South Surrey unable to grocery shop in person due to variety of reasons.
The ability to order foods that meet dietary and nutritional needs as well as foods that we enjoy allow our isolated community members to live healthier lives. The ability to order directly with a person allows our community to maintain their independence and control over daily activities.
Led by a team of committed volunteers, clients provide their grocery list by phone on Monday mornings. On Tuesdays, volunteers shop for the groceries at the Save-On-Foods store located at South Point Mall. Volunteers deliver the groceries straight to your door.
“I think this program is a great help to those who are in need of the service as they do not drive or cannot afford the internet. So it make me feel equal to get my groceries deliveries just as those who do have the internet. It also helps me as I cannot get out to get groceries on my own. So I would like to thank everyone involved in making this program possible. Thank you Sources!” ~ Shop by Phone client
Here are a few helpful hints to help you decide if this program is right for you:
- We serve the residents of White Rock and South Surrey.
- We accept payment for groceries and delivery by credit or cheque only.
- The delivery charge is $5.00 per order.
- We suggest preparing your grocery order the night before. Volunteers will call you between 8:00 am and 11:00 am each Monday morning.
- Your order will be delivered between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm Tuesday morning. Please note, we are unable to guarantee a specific time.
Please call us at 604-542-4357 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or to register for the Shop By Phone program.