Shop By Phone
As part of our efforts to fight COVID-19 and maintain the health, safety and well-being of our staff, volunteers, clients and community SOURCES’ Shop by Phone program continues to operate through United Way’s Better at Home program. New clients who live in South Surrey an dWhite Rock only can register for this program through https://bc211.ca/ or by calling 211 on their phones.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Learn more about SOURCES’ response here.
The purpose of our Shop-by-Phone program is to provide grocery shopping services to residents who are isolated in their homes due to illness, injury or disability.
The ability to order foods that meet dietary and nutritional needs, as well as foods that we enjoy, allow our isolated community members to live healthier lives. The ability to order directly with a person allows our community to live more socially well lives.
Led by a team of committed volunteers supported by the Volunteer Services Office, clients provide their grocery list by phone Monday mornings. On Tuesdays, volunteers shop for the groceries at the Save-On-Foods store located at South Point Mall. Save-On Foods helps our program out by delivering the groceries for a small delivery fee and collecting the money the same day.
Here are a few helpful hints to help you decide if this program is right for you:
- We serve the residents of White Rock and South Surrey.
- We accept payment for groceries and delivery by Credit or Cheque only.
- The delivery charge is $7.00 for a regular size delivery and $14.00 for an extra large delivery.
- We suggest preparing your grocery order the night before. Volunteers will call you between 8:00 am and 11:00 am each Monday morning.
- Your order will be delivered sometime between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm each Tuesday. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a specific time.
Please do not hesitate to call us at 604-542-4357 or email at email@example.com if you have any questions or to register for the Shop By Phone program.