Director of Northern Services – Permanent, Full Time
JUNE 8, 2020 INTERNAL| EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-052
Position: Director of Northern Services
Location: Prince George
Hours: 35 hours/week Permanent
Sources is seeking a dynamic Individual to lead our social service programs in Northern BC. As part of a larger team and also part of an organization providing services throughout BC, you will promote trauma informed practices, steward provision of excellent customer care, and maintain and build collaborative relationships with funders and other community partners. Relationships with Indigenous peoples is a high value pursuit and you will ensure that Sources programming is culturally sensitive and that we are engaged in reconciliation practices and activities. Sources is accredited with Council on Accreditation and services are provided consistent with those high standards.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources’ Northern Services
Sources has provided services in Northern BC for over 26 years and has delivered series to a wide variety of clients in both urban, rural and remote communities. Sources offers several programs ranging from Family Preservation, Behaviour Intervention, and Behaviour Consultation. Sources’ experience meeting the needs of families with diverse backgrounds throughout Northern BC has supported the development of and efficient and effective model for providing services to families in isolated and remote communities normally not served without extensive travel.
Consistently exhibits strong, positive leadership in an innovative organization that provides services to children, youth and families. Works collaboratively with the staff and community partners to develop and deliver high quality programs and services for the community. The Director is responsible for the delivery of Sources’ programs in Northern BC with head office located in Prince George. Services are provided from a Trauma Informed approach.
Monitors and administers all agency activities, programs and operations directly and through staff and supervisors at all locations. Ensures practices are consistent with Board approved policies, goals and objectives and in accordance with legal, statutory, constitutional and other requirements. Promotes the agency’s activities through contact with the community, business organizations, government, and the general public. Maintains excellent relationships with funders and oversees the disbursement of resources as per contracts. Supports, and when necessary, leads advocacy on emerging and outstanding issues related to the well-being of children, youth and families. Travel is required.
- Master’s Degree in a human services field (ex: Special Education, Educational Psychology, Behavioural Sciences) and at least five years’ management experience
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with children, families, other professional services providers, and caregivers.
- Experience and understanding of working with indigenous heritage and supports Reconciliation.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and social service agencies.
- Proven record maintaining positive relationships with funders.
- Experience in research report writing, and development of individual program plans.
- Experience writing grants and responding to requests for proposals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently
- Knowledge/awareness/agility around people with disabilities.
- Knowledge/awareness/agility around people of a variety of cultures.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Clear Criminal Record Check.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $77,000 – $82,000 depending on qualifications and experience
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 4 weeks
Closing Date: July 5, 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Howard Schein, Executive Director of Community Services, firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.