FASD Keyworker – Permanent, Part Time
JUNE 23, 2020| INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-056
Position: FASD Keyworker
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 17.5 hrs per week – Permanent, Part Time
Salary: Grid 14 $26.94 – $31.37
We are looking for a FASD Keyworker to join our Sources Oceanside team! This position provides support to families of children and youth 0-18 years of age who have been diagnosed with or are suspected of having Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) and/or Complex Developmental Behavior Disorder (CDBD).
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
- · Undergraduate degree in health or human services (social work, nursing, psychology, child and youth care) or equivalent education and experience.
- · Extensive understanding of FASD as a brain-based physical disability.
- · Education and training in Child Development.
- · Demonstrated skill in applying a family-centered strength-based approach when working with families of children and youth.
- · Demonstrated ability to use a cultural safety framework when working with Aboriginal families and communities.
- · Demonstrated ability to flexibly accommodate the communication, learning styles, and ethno cultural, and socio-economic circumstances of all families.
- · Understanding of youth and women’s addiction issues.
- · Good understanding of service delivery dynamics, including strengths and barriers at the community, regional and provincial levels.
- · Demonstrated skill in working collaboratively with multiple community partners and service providers using diplomacy and excellent communication skills.
- · Experience in group organization and facilitation, and understanding of group dynamics.
- · Excellence in communication – oral, written, public speaking, and computer.
- · Clear Criminal Record Check.
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Benefits (if applicable):
· As per Collective Agreement
Closing Date: 30 June, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jane Allen, email@example.com.