Life Skills Instructor – Permanent, Part Time
September 30, 2020| INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-098
Position: Life Skills Instructor – Permanent Part-Time
Location: Enrichment Services Centre – Surrey (Cloverdale)
Hours: 28 hrs/wk
(Monday 9-2, Tuesday 9:30-3:30, Wednesday 9:30-3:30, Thursday 9:30-3:30, Friday 9-2)
We are looking for a Life Skills Instructor to join our Sources Enrichment Services Centre team! This individual must be compassionate, creative, and enjoy working in a team environment .
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Enrichment Services Centre- Cloverdale
Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences and opportunities for growth
The philosophy is to enhance life experiences through providing a positive, structured environment that allows for the exploration of individual strengths and abilities.
Through the visual arts, social facilitation, recreational design and other creative means we aim to connect individuals to their community for their long term mental, emotions and physical health.
The Enrichment Services Center offers a group-based program providing a set curriculum of activities weekly to promote well-being, social participation and independence. Our set curriculum is based on five categories of activities that we believe support meaningful experiences and opportunity for growth. These categories of activities are aimed to be offered once to three times a week: Community Based Activity, Communication Development, Art and Creative Expression, Health and Fitness, and Social Participation.
- · Activity planning and implementation
- · Direct client support through modelling and teaching
- · Supporting clients with personal care needs
- · Behaviour and communication supports
- · Reporting and documentation
- · Engaging in positive and meaningful supports with service users
- · Working cohesively with a team of caring and compassionate professionals
- · Minimum 1 year post-secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social
- work, community social services or the demonstrated equivalent through past work experience.
- · Experience working with people with developmental/physical barriers.
- · Training and/ or experience working with clients with behavioural challenges, issues related to mental health or dual diagnosis is a strong asset.
- · Familiarity with Community Inclusion and the goals of Community Living British Columbia.
- · Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and actively use critical thinking skills
- · Must be comfortable in providing personal care supports such as lifting and transferring, feeding and toilet assistance for clients needing personal care assistance, if required.
- · Participate fully in life skills training along with theatre, arts and culture, swimming and a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities.
- · Candidates must have a good command of the English language, and familiarity with Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, or Chinese would be an asset.
- · Minimum Class 5 license with a good driving record to start.
- · Ability to pass a Criminal Record check is required.
- · Comfort and familiarity with the use of Windows related programs and internet resources is essential.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: October 8th , 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by October 9th, 2020 or earlier
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jason Cusator, Community Inclusion Manager, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.