Driver – Permanent Part-Time
October 6, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-082
Position: Sources Regional Food Hub- CASUAL
Location: Langley/Surrey/White Rock
Hours: 8-20 hours per week
We are looking for a cASUAL Food Hub Driver to join our Sources Food Hub team! This individual must have a clean driver’s abstract, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Regional Food Hub
Sources Regional Food Hub rescues and redistributes food in Surrey/Langley and White Rock. We redistribute food to our community partners through a subscription-based model of service. We deliver to numerous community agencies and partners through centralized or decentralized service delivery points. We aim to prevent and reduce food waste, promote food waste education and enhance food access and security in our community.
- · Pick up goods from community businesses in White Rock, Surrey, and Langley
- · Deliver goods to community partners
- · Weigh and track all delivery weights and types of foods
- · Maintain the safety of the vehicle including vehicle logs, safety inspections and ensure the vehicle is fueled and cleaned.
- · Possess a Class 5 Driver’s Licenses and clean driver’s abstract
- · Criminal Record Check
- · Ability to lift 50 pounds
- · Ability to work with minimal supervision
- · Ability and willingness to work cooperatively
- · Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- · Enthusiasm and passion to address community hunger and food waste
- · Knowledge of the noted communities and surrounding areas is an asset
Start Date: ASAP
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: October 27, 2021 internal candidates will be contacted by October 27, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com Sources Regional Food Hub . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.