Family Therapist – Temporary, Part Time
JANUARY 7, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-001
Position: Temporary Part Time – FCC Family Therapist
Location: Family Connection Center – Youth Services Program – Surrey BC
Hours: 21 hrs/week (10 month contract)
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced family therapist to join our Sources Family Connections Centre team for a one year term! This individual must be a great team player, have a passion for working with youth, and have a good understanding of trauma informed, attachment-based, culturally safe, harm reduction and strength-based approaches.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Family Connections Centre
FCC is a unique, part time residential program that assists families to stay together or reunify. The dynamic FCC Family Therapist provides family and individual therapist to clients of the Family Connections Center and supports fostering change in youth and their families. This temporary part-time position reports to the FCC Program Manager and is responsible for the clinical direction at the program.
- · Provides direct in person and virtual individual and family therapy to caregivers and youth.
- · Provides direct caregiver support discussing parenting and emotion focused strategies.
- · Attends Integrative Case Management meetings with schools, government offices, and other community supports.
- · Completes service plans, psychosocial assessments and the required documentation of service delivery at FCC such as consent forms for service and exchange of information.
- · Meets regularly with Child and Youth Care Workers and Program Manager at FCC to offer direction and support in terms of the treatment process.
- · Liaises with Social Workers, Ministry for Child and Family Development Liaisons and other involved professionals.
- · As a member of the FCC staff team, attends regular meetings and participates in consultation activities with the Program Manager.
- · Consults regularly with the Clinical Supervisor about treatment, therapy and clinical issues.
- · Ensures that Sources Community Services Society policies and procedures are followed as well as the operating procedures of the FCC.
- · Participates in quality improvement and evaluation process implemented by the Program Manager of the FCC.
- · Ensures that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of all clients are maintained.
- · Completes other duties assigned by Program Manager, as requested.
- · Preferred qualifications include Masters level training in psychology (MA) or social work (MSW).
- · Three to five year’s experience and familiarity with residential child-care an asset.
- · Working clinical knowledge in family systems, attachment theories, various mental health diagnoses, harm-reduction and trauma informed approaches, strength-based and resilience informed approaches, youth cognitive and physical development, substance use and other barriers facing youth and their families.
- · Experience adapting program based on cultural awareness and commitment to truth and reconciliation is also required.
- · Sound working knowledge of current Child and Youth Care practices.
- · Excellent verbal and written skills.
- · Appropriate First-Aid and CPR required as per industry regulations (training provided for by Sources)
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: UNTIL FILLED
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Manager, Family Connections Centre. firstname.lastname@example.org Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.