Job Developer – Permanent, Full Time
September 22, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-115
Position: Job Developer
Location: Panorama – Surrey
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours/week
We are looking for a Job Developer to join our SOURCES Empowered for Employment team! The Job Developer coordinates work experience and employment placements for program participants. This individual must be flexible, and resourceful with the ability to work with diverse individuals and establish effective relationships within the local businesses community to facilitate employment opportunities for our job seeking clients.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities, and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability, and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation, and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Description of position
Reporting to the Empowered for Employment Manager, the Job Developer is an employee of Sources Community Resources Society. Empowered for Employment Services provide comprehensive supports to diverse clients including survivors of violence and/or abuse, mature workers who are 55+, persons with disabilities, and people at risk of or experiencing homelessness who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for a successful transition to employment.
- · Work collaboratively with Empowered for Employment team and job seeking clients and target job opportunities that meet the clients identified employment goals.
- · Develop relationships with businesses and employers to promote service awareness and work experience and job placement services for clients.
- · Provide job leads for clients, determine employment requirements, and assess client’s qualifications and suitability ensuring quality job matching.
- Workshop development and instruction delivered both in person and online specific to job search topics such as resume and cover letter development, online job search, interview skills, and labour market information.
· Provide one to one coaching, follow up and support to facilitate development of skills needed to obtain and maintain sustainable employment.
- · Liaise with community services to provide additional supports to participants as necessary
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- · Liaise with employers to negotiate employment terms, assist with onboarding, develop training plans, monitor placement progress with regular follow up and address any issues to promote placement success and employment retention.
- · Maintain and update employer database including current catalogue of employment opportunities.
- · Maintain accurate documentation of all client communication, activities, and outcomes in data management systems.
- · Retain client, service and statistical data as required by the funder and SOURCES.
- · Ensure regular collection, review and submission of Employer and Participant evaluations to further assess and improve service delivery.
- · Connect with professional/industry associations and participate in local business and industry meetings.
- · Engage in marketing/community engagement activities with the objective of fostering community awareness of Empowered for Employment services.
- · Post Secondary education or combination of relevant education and experience in career development, employment services, community/social services, customer service, and/or marketing/public relations. Certified Career Development Practitioner and/or Job Development Certification preferred.
- · Minimum two (2) years experience in employment related services, preferably in job placement/recruiting.
- · Service oriented, culturally competent, and adaptable to working in a variety of settings with a diverse employer and client base.
- · Awareness of barriers to employment and working with vulnerable individuals with a range of needs including persons with chronic health conditions and disabilities.
- · Ability to network and negotiate with knowledge of marketing and promotional techniques, human resources and recruitment and labour standards.
- · Solid understanding of current job search techniques/practices, employment barriers including employment maintenance issues, and assessing client needs and employer/labour market requirements.
- · Demonstrated experience in meeting targeted outcomes.
- · Solid understanding of local labour market and familiarity with community-based resources.
- · Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to respond effectively under pressure.
- · Computer proficiency with emphasis on MS Office, Internet research and data management systems.
- · Clean Criminal Record Check.
- · Completion of Privacy and Information Sharing Training.
- · Driver’s license and reliable transportation; travel is required.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: When position if filled.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.