Contracted Youth Clinical Counsellor
DATE September 26, 2023| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 23-131
Position: Contracted Youth Clinical Counsellor
Location: Cloverdale and/or White Rock
Hours: Flexible with one day/week minimum
We are looking for a Registered Clinical Counsellor or Registered Social Worker to join our Sources Counselling Services team! This individual must be engaging, independent and love supporting young people.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization providing support and hope to communities in the Lower Mainland, on Vancouver Island, and across Northern BC. Sources strives to create vibrant and resilient communities through support to adults, children, youth, and families facing challenges in life such as mental health, disability, poverty, substance use, and conflict. We support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
Sources is committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth and reconciliation. People of all races, cultures, ethnicities, LGBTQ2S+, and abilities are welcomed to work with us. We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we promote our mission: social wellness for our community.
Description of position
Reporting to the Manager of Counselling Services, the Contracted Youth Clinical Counsellor would be an independent contractor with Sources Community Resources.
- Provide on site counselling and psychoeducation one day per week alternating between the
- Cloverdale and South Surrey Learning Centers (6 hours per week total)
- Provide clinical counselling primarily focused on (but not limited to) serving youth and young adults at either Sources Community Resource Centers located in Cloverdale and/or White Rock (whichever is preferred by the counsellor)
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- Maintain current documentation
- Uphold professional ethical standards
- Attend monthly team meeting/group supervision (unpaid but valuable)
- Master Degree in Counselling Psychology or Social Work
- Must carry current Registration with a professional regulatory body and Liability Insurance.
- 3 clinical references
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Criminal Records check through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: October 9, 2023. Internal candidates will be contacted by October 11, 2023
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.