Youth Outreach Worker
November 9, 2023 | EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 23-148
Position: Youth Outreach Worker
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, BC
Hours: 35 hours per week, full-time, permanent
We are looking for a Youth Outreach Worker (MCFD Gated Position) to join our Sources Oceanside team! This individual must be strong in their knowledge of adolescent development and supportive ways to reach out to youth, experienced in providing trauma informed and culturally safe care, and able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization providing support and hope to communities in the Lower Mainland, on Vancouver Island, and across Northern BC. Sources strives to create vibrant and resilient communities through support to adults, children, youth, and families facing challenges in life such as mental health, disability, poverty, substance use, and conflict. We support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
Sources is committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth and reconciliation. People of all races, cultures, ethnicities, 2SLGBTQIA+, and abilities are welcomed to work with us. We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we promote our mission: social wellness for our community.
About SOURCES Oceanside
SOURCES Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth, and families live in a healthy environment.
Description of position
Reporting to the Team Leader, Mental Health and Social Services, the Youth Outreach Worker is a permanent employee of Sources Community Resources.
- Provide support to youth 13-18 years old, in care of MCFD, around life skills, transition to adulthood, independent living, relationships, emotional regulation, and socialization.
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- This position will be a combination of one-on-one outreach sessions as well as facilitating community activities as part of the Sources Oceanside Youth Services Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services Field (Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Criminology, Psychology) or suitable combination of training and experience.
- Two years’ experience providing support and outreach services to youth in the community.
- Knowledgeable in Trauma Informed Practice and have experience providing trauma-focused services to children and youth.
- Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook, and central data systems
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Training (Training may be accessed through Sources)
- Criminal Records check through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Records Review Program and Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and driver’s abstract.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Salary: Grid 11 $26.74 – $30.69
Benefits (if applicable):
- 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Employee & Family Assistance plan
- Pension plan
- Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks.
Closing Date: Open until filled. Internal candidates will be contacted by: November 17, 2023
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you