Community Support Worker/Residential Care Worker – Permanent Full-time
COMPETITION NO. 18-13
POSITION: Community Support Worker/Residential Care Worker – Permanent Full-Time
(this position requires CUPE Union membership and is open to applicants of all genders)
CURRENT LOCATION: Crossroads Community Inclusion Services/Primrose Centre – Delta (Ladner)
CURRENT HOURS: 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm ) (8-9am, 3-4pm Primrose, 9am-3pm Crossroads)
Directly supporting adults with autism and other concurrent disorders with community integration, recreational and vocational interests, as well as attaining meaningful employment for those who desire real work for real pay. Behaviour management skills and supplemental communication support developmental skills are key necessities for this position. As a permanent staff, keyworker responsibilities are an expectation in this position, so proficiency in client advocacy, report writing, and independent program development and monitoring are an absolute must
- · Minimum of 3 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- · Grade 12 diploma and 2 years post-secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social work, child and youth care or community social service or equivalent.
- · All employment requirements (which includes Sources training course, criminal record check/CPR, NCI training, class 4 unrestricted driver’s license, TB Screen, Code of Ethics, proof of SIN, Immunization form) must be valid and current or your application will not be considered.
- · Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- · Ability to use a word processor (Word for Windows) to produce objective written data and reports.
- · Ability to follow a petty cash system and report expenses.
- · Participate fully in swimming, skating and a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities.
- · Experience working with adults with autism/PDD.
- · Familiar with adult rights and responsibilities.
- · Able to actively seek out new community/recreation/vocational/employment opportunities and experiences.
- · To support clients with personal care, eating and dietary needs, and behaviour management.
- · To actively and professionally network with local businesses in order to establish employment opportunities for clients served.
- · To transport and support clients in the community to their sites of employment or other sites as required.
START DATE: January 31, 2018
SALARY: $17.71 per hour (or per collective agreement)
BENEFITS: As per collective agreement
CLOSING DATE: January 23, 2018
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
JASON CUSATOR, MANAGER OF COMMUNITY INCLUSION SERVICES
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 604-946-8429
INTERNAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED BY JANUARY 24, 2018