Infant Development Consultant – Temporary, Full Time
JULY 12, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-72
Position: Infant Development Consultant: Temporary Full Time (requires H.S.A. union membership)
Location: Infant Development Program – 301A 8352 130th St.
Hours: 35 per week
We are looking for an Infant Development Consultant to join our Sources Infant Development Program team! This individual must be outgoing, passionate about children and self-motivated.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Infant Development Program
The Infant Development Program is a home visiting program for families with children from birth to 3 years of age at risk or diagnosed with developmental delays. IDP consultants is a rewarding position where you are able to make a real difference to families by supporting them during what is often a very challenging time in their lives. It is an opportunity to learn about different cultures and family systems and to work closely with community professionals in related fields while helping the family to work through issues.
- · Managing a caseload of 25 families
- · Booking and attending home visits
- · Working as a team with community professionals
- · Assessment completion and report writing
- · May be asked to run a group for children and or present at groups in the community
- · Maintenance of files
- · Working independently on caseload
- · Working as team on program events and processes
- · A degree in a related filed (Early Childhood Education, Youth and Childcare or an equivalent as determined by Program Manager).
- · Experience as an Infant Development Consultant an asset
- · Training and experience in working with young children and families essential
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · A second language is desirable
- · A cell phone, valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required for work
- · Criminal record check is required
Start Date: August 1, 2018
End Date: September 1, 2019
Salary: $25.11 – $29.95 (as per union contract)
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: July 25, 2018. Internal candidates will be contacted by July 25, 2018.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to Yvonne Adebar, Program Manager email@example.com.
Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.