DiscoverY Coordinator – Permanent, Part-Time
OCTOBER 15, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-106
Position: DiscoverY Coordinator
Location: White Rock, B.C.
Hours: 24 hours per week, permanent, part time.
We are looking for a Youth Coordinator to join our Sources Counselling Services team! You must be a compassionate, self-driven, and energetic person who has a passion for working with youth. You will also have the privilege of designing the very services you will be delivering!
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Counselling Services: DiscoverY
This is a dynamic position in a new initiative providing no cost therapy services to young people in White Rock, South Surrey, Cloverdale and Newton. We are looking for an energetic, creative person that can design and deliver services for those who don’t meet criteria for funded services, or seek alternatives to what is available. This position will champion the needs of youth in the community, and engage youth in design and delivery. Community engagement and promoting the services will be part of the role. This position will also provide direct services to clients in the form of therapy initially. In the coordinator role, this position will manage intakes, assign services, and oversee other data keeping, outcome measurements, and administer the program in accordance with Society policies.
- · Post Graduate degree in Counselling Psychology or related.
- · Five years or more experience working directly with youth
- · Two years leadership experience
- · Registration with a professional counselling association (e.g. RCC)
- · Driver’s License and own vehicle, and safe driving record
- · Program development experience an asset
- · Requires experience with, and understanding of, youth and families dealing with mental health issues.
- · Clear Criminal Record Check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- · Developmental psychology
- · Trauma Informed Practice
- · Family systems theory
- · Knowledge of community resources for youth and families.
- · Working knowledge of substance use issues
- · Excellent organizational and time management skills,
- · Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills,
- · Effectively liaise with community groups and organizations and engage with youth in the community.
- · Act as a representative of Sources in the community.
- · Fundraising experience an asset
- · Program development and evaluation
- · Marketing and promotion experience an asset
- · Outgoing, creative, energetic
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: November 9, 2018, internal candidates will be contacted by November 13, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to George Passmore, Manager, Sources Counselling Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.