Director – Full Time
COMPETITION NO. 19-068
Position: Director, Vancouver Island Services
Location: Parksville, BC
Hours: Full Time
Sources is seeking a Director to lead our dedicated team providing multiple services to a broad range of persons in need in the community referred to as Oceanside with our main office located in Parksville.
The successful candidate will monitor and administer all agency activities, programs and operations directly and through staff and supervisors at all locations. Ensures practices are consistent with Board approved policies, goals and objectives and in accordance with legal, statutory, constitutional and other requirements. Promotes the agency’s activities through contact with the community, business organizations, government, and the general public. Supports, and when necessary, leads advocacy on emerging and outstanding issues related to the well-being of children, youth and families.
Consistently exhibits strong, positive leadership in an innovative organization that provides services to children, youth and families. This includes children with special needs and youth at risk. Works collaboratively with volunteers, staff and community partners to develop and deliver high quality programs and services for the community.
FRA is in the process of transitioning to Sources, this position may report to designate of CEO.
Travel will be required for this position.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families for the last 40 years. We are a COA accredited non-profit organization that serves 40,000 individuals annually. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
About the Family Resource Association:
FRA is a provincially funded, multi-service non-profit organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor since 1989. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. At FRA, our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
- Education, Training and Experience
- Five to seven years of experience in program, managerial, supervisory and financial responsibility in the community social services sector is required.
- Must have experience in human resource management and financial management principles as they relate to Non-Profit societies.
- Also required is a demonstrated and in-depth working knowledge of community-based programs and services, funding sources, community relations, Board relations, and access to community resources.
- Must have experience or an understanding of how to be a successful director in a unionized and diverse workplace.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study (Human Resources or Human Services related, Business Administration, Management, Leadership) or a combination of post-secondary education and relevant experience is required.
- Graduate degree in related field is preferred, as is demonstrated success in managing budgets in excess of $500,000. Also preferred is front-line or direct service and experience serving children, youth and / or families.
- Excellent presentation, public relations, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated positive teamwork, leadership, management and administration skills.
- Well-developed planning, organizational, negotiating, mediation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with sensitive client, personnel and other issues.
- Strong computer skills.
- The ability to function independently while frequently under pressure.
- Manage concurrent projects and deadlines and to manage crisis or emergency situations, is an ongoing expectation.
- Participation at meetings, conferences and other events that may involve long work days, travel and evening or weekend work.
- Must always maintain a focus on client needs.
- Must always lead through positive influencing of others to achieve results.
- Innovative program development ideas.
- Clear Criminal Record Check.
- Excellent professional and personal references.
- Current Driver License (Class 5).
Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Salary based on experience and qualifications, benefits as per Sources
Closing Date: July 29, 2019
How to apply: Executive Director of Child, Family and Counselling Services at firstname.lastname@example.org