July 26, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-094
Position: Outreach Worker/Facilitator
Location: Whalley, Newton or Guildford
Hours: 35 hours per week, permanent full time
We are looking for an Outreach Worker/Facilitator to join our Sources Employment team! This individual must be able to work with multi-barriered clients, have excellent presentation skills and be flexible to perform a variety of duties.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Empowerment Services
Empowerment Services provide 1:1 and group support to survivors of violence who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for successful transition to employment. Participants learn about healthy relationships, overcoming impacts of abuse, effective communication skills, building self-esteem and goal setting, etc. The Facilitator will support clients in taking meaningful steps towards employment.
- · Develop curriculum, workshops and learning materials to facilitate effective employment, job search, life skills and career planning workshops.
- · Ensure workshop materials and delivery are tailored to meet client learning styles and needs and consistently revised, updated and relevant. Facilitate in-house and online workshops to assist clients facing multiple barriers to make positive changes and move towards employment.
- · Perform Outreach activities, raise awareness of WorkBC services and build connections in the community. Conduct all activities related to Client recruitment such as presentations, marketing and intake.
- · Maintain collaborative relationships with Employment Counsellors and other referral sources; assess and monitor client progress and to support client success.
- · Provide one on one support and coaching to clients as necessary.
- · Provide ongoing support and monitor client progress while in group and follow up with clients where necessary or as decided with their Employment Counsellor.
- · Maintain accurate documentation of all client communication and activities in electronic files.
- · Disburse financial supports as per action plan and keep an accurate record of all supports given to clients.
- · Work collaboratively as a member of the team to achieve 4, 24 and 52 week performance measures.
- · Maintain client, service and statistical data as required by the funder and Sources.
- · An undergraduate degree in related field or considerable experience and training (Social Service Worker diploma, Career Development Practitioner certificate, Provincial Instructor’s Diploma, Job Club Leadership Certificate, Life Skills Certificate) in the employment/career development field. CCDP designation preferred.
- · Minimum 3 years facilitation/ teaching experience, preferably with women who have barriers to employment.
- · Curriculum development and workshop design and delivery pertaining to job search, life skills, and career planning.
- · Knowledge of group dynamics and ability to facilitate workshops with individuals of various backgrounds.
- · Thorough understanding of the dynamics of abuse and/or poverty.
- · Ability to maintain up to date knowledge and development of tools and resources, including on line delivery formats, to meet needs of clients.
- · Ability to market WorkBC services, recruit clients and liaise with other community partners to raise awareness.
- · Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office and Internet usage.
- · Reliable transportation and willingness to travel within Surrey and neighbouring areas.
Start Date: August 6, 2019
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: August 2, 2019, internal candidates will be contacted by August 2, 2019.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.