Home Share Provider
AUGUST 2, 2019| EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-098
Position: Home Share Provider (contracted position)
Location: Your home
We are looking for qualified caregivers to join our Home Share Program team! This individual should be a strong positive model by being energetic, creative, and resourceful while also possessing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit, COA accredited organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Community Living
Sources Community Living provides all-encompassing care for individuals who have been referred to us by Community Living British Columbia. Home Share is one of Sources many programs that provide residence to adults with developmental disabilities. Our mission is to provide individuals with a safe and stable home within the community. By carefully matching and providing ongoing support to our clients and caregivers, we can ensure that the home is stable, provides excellent care, and maximizes the quality of life of both the client and caregiver.
- · Providing an inclusive, welcoming and safe environment for the individual.
- · Adhering to the contractual obligations and maintaining certifications (reporting requirements, work safe, first aid, etc)
- · Assisting the individual in all aspects of daily living (i.e. personal care, appointments, etc)
- · Following the individual’s service plans and participating in the creation and on-going of such plans
- · Assisting with and following individual budget; adhere to spending limits and record expenses
- · Developing a supportive rapport with the individual and their family and actively seeking out new opportunities for the individual that relate directly to their goals and objectives
- · Providing ongoing emotional and behavioural support.
- · Enriching the life of the individual in care
- Minimum of 1-year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, mental disorders and behavioural challenges
- A degree or diploma in an area related to supporting people with developmental disabilities (Social Services, Human Services or equivalent)
- Ability to act decisively in a crisis situation
- Ability to communicate (both orally and written) with clients, parents, staff, management, and other professionals. Must have a good command of the English language.
- Ability to use Word Processor (Word for Windows) to record data and produce reports
- Successful criminal record check for everyone aged 18 years or over in the home
- Successful completion of Home Study
- Unrestricted Class 5 B.C Driver’s license
- Proof of SIN
- Drivers abstract
- First Aid/CPR/NCI training (NCI training provided at a fee)
- Must have a separate bedroom or suite available in the home. Wheelchair access is an asset.
Start Date: Upon successful matching with an individual
Salary: Contract Dependent
Closing Date: Always open to new applicants
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your living situation, the space you have available in your home, community you live in and experience by email email@example.com or fax to: 604-946-8429 Attn: Home Share Program Coordinator. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Thank you.