Residential Care Worker – Full Time, Permanent
February 11, 2020| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-012
Position: Residential Care Worker- Full-Time 40hrs (Mon-Fri 12am-8am Overnight Shifts)
Location: Sources Chestnut House – Delta
Located in Ladner, the RCW at Chestnut House contributes to a highly organized, team oriented, and dynamic work environment that supports clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder in residential and community settings. Staff engages in daily recreation and vocation in the community with residents. They are active, verbal, mobile, and highly involved in the community. Positive support and engagement through conversation, games, and out-trips, special events, sports, to name a few, are routine.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families for the last 40 years. We are a COA accredited non-profit organization that serves 40,000 individuals annually. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Community Living
Sources Community Living provides all-encompassing care for vulnerable adults who have been referred to us by Community Living British Columbia. Our goal is to foster independence, community integration, and social participation. The Residential Care Worker plays a key role in this project.
- · Assisting residents in all aspects of daily living (i.e. personal care, appointments, etc)
- · Following individual client service plans and participate in the on-going of such plans
- · Following client budget; adhere to spending limits and record expenses
- · Developing a supportive rapport with clients and actively seeking out new opportunities for clients that relate directly to their goals and objectives
- · Working constructively as part of a team with all colleagues.
- Participate fully in walking, biking, sports, and a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities.
· The completion of tasks as assigned, including routine facility maintenance.
- Minimum 3 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities and/or behavioural challenges.
- Unscripted current class 5 driver’s license is required.
- Minimum 1 year post-secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social work, community social service or equivalent.
- All employment requirements (which include First Aid, NCI Training, TB screening, criminal record check, proof of SIN, immunization form, Class 5 Driver’s License) must
- be valid and current by agency-set deadlines or your application will not be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and actively use critical thinking skills.
- Ability to act decisively in crisis situations
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) effectively and professionally with clients, parents, staff, management, and other professionals
- Ability to use Word Processor (Word for Windows) to record data and produce reports
- Successful criminal record check
- Proof of SIN
· First Aid/CPR/NCI training is provided by Sources upon hiring
Start Date: As soon as possible
· Full Benefits as per collective agreement
Closing Date: February 18,2020
How to apply: Please email your COVER LETTER and RESUME to William Brunke, Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org