Food Hub Driver – Part Time
COMPETITION NO. 20-026
Location: White Rock / South Surrey Food Bank
Hours: Approx. 21 hours per week (must be flexible)
Sources is looking for a Part-Time Driver to join our Sources Food Hub team! This is a great opportunity for a student or someone looking for weekend employment.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Food Hub
The Sources Food Hub is a community collaborative that provides education and training on food waste reduction and processing. We redistribute recovered foods to community agencies based in Surrey and provide kitchen space for businesses or community groups, especially to process recovered food.
The Sources Food Hub Driver is responsible for the transportation of rescued foods from local businesses to community partners.
- Coordinate schedule for pick-ups from community partners in White Rock, Langley and Surrey. There are 2 regularly scheduled pickups in a predetermined order due tothe needs of the specific locations; more will be added as capacity allows.
- Coordinate additional pick-ups from businesses as requested.
- Deliver goods to community partners.
- Maintain the vehicle logs, complete vehicle inspections, and fuel the vehicle.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to lift 50 Lbs.
- Possess a class 5 Driver’s license and clean drivers abstract.
- Enthusiasm and passion about addressing hunger and food waste.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Knowledge of community and surrounding areas an asset.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: March 19, 2020; internal candidates will be contacted by March 20, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your resume to Denise Darrell at email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.