Sources Food Hub
Food Skills for Families at Sources Food Hub
Please be advised that the decision has been made to CANCEL the Food Skills for Families Workshop due to the COVID-19 virus pandemic.
Join your neighbours for six weeks in the kitchen! In the free Food Skills for Families FOOD SENSE program, we will focus on ways to make healthy meals on a budget.
You will learn to:
- Cook simple, delicious meals
- Learn to read nutrition labels
- Tour your local grocery store
- Connect with others in your community
- Learn all about fibre
- Find out how much sugar is in your favourite beverage
- Get tips on how to drink more water
- Discover ways to season food without adding salt
All cooking skill levels welcome. Groups are led by facilitators trained and certified by BC Centre for Disease Control. This program is appropriate for adults (18+) who want to make nutritious and delicious meals for themselves and their family.