Keyworker – Permanent, Part Time
June 10th 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-054
Location: Fort St John, B.C.
Hours: 29 hours/week with the possibility of additional casual hours
We are looking for a Keyworker to join our Sources Keyworker Services North East team!
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Keyworker Service North Peace Region
Sources’ Keyworker program provides individual and community-based services in Fort Saint John and Fort Nelson. The Keyworker program will provide a specialized Keyworker to work directly with families. Depending on the needs of the family, the Keyworker may work with the family directly in their home/community. The Keyworker provides information, referrals, in-home support and evidence based Positive Behaviour Support to families with children with FASD/CDBC. The Keyworker will help caregivers: obtain access to resources within and outside of their respective communities, learn skills, develop an on- going network of support, use positive behaviour support to address challenging behaviours. ABA-Applied Behaviour Analysis and PBS-Positive Behaviour Support are the only approaches that are evidence based and have been shown to result in significant changes in challenging behaviour. The primary objective of the Keyworker program is to support families through the diagnosis process as well as after diagnosis, and to enhance community awareness and prevention of CDBC/FASD. Community services include presentations, community aware activities and support groups.
- · Schedules and attends meetings as required.
- · Liaises with a regional Health multidisciplinary assessment team that identifies children and adolescents with FASD and similar behavioural developmental conditions.
- · Assists families to interpret and implement recommendations of the diagnostic assessment.
- · Conducts Intake Assessments, Functional Behavioural Assessments in multiple environments with each client.
- · Develops a joint plan which keeps families at the centre of decision-making, which involves all professional and agencies in contact with the child.
- · Develops Service Plans and Positive Behaviour Support Plans based on assessment data and each client’s goals and characteristics.
- · Implement appropriate pre and post test data and monitor to determine the effectiveness of the program.
- · Oversees and co-coordinates the implementation of the plan and information sharing between professionals.
- · Teaches modeling strategies and provides information/education in a flexible manner (timing, format, manner and content) with respect to FASD or other complex behaviour disorders.
- · MUST HAVE (a) Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Psychology, Education, Social Work, etc.)
- · 2 years related experience;
- · extensive knowledge of FASD and CDBC.
- · Must have a driver’s license and reliable vehicle-position involves travel with reimbursement.
Start Date: July 1st 2020
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: June 25th 2020, internal candidates will be contacted by June 25th 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Colleen Murnaghan, Manager of Behaviour Services email@example.com
IMPORTANT: Please specify which position and the location of the position you are applying for.