Youth Care Worker – Permanent, Full Time
June 2, 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-048
Position: Youth Care Worker – Awake Overnight
Location: Family Connection Center – Youth Services Program – Surrey BC
Hours: 40 hours per week (10 hours/night) – permanent full time
We are looking for an Awake Overnight Youth Care Worker to join our Sources Family Connections Centre team! This individual must be a great team player, have a passion for working with youth, and have a good understanding of trauma informed, harm reduction and strength-based approaches.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Family Connections Centre
FCC is a unique, part time residential program that assists families to stay together or reunify. The dynamic Youth Care Worker position develops therapeutic relationships with youth to foster change in youth and their families. This awake overnight position is responsible for supervising from 10pm until 8am from Monday nights until and including Thursday nights. Duties include regular bed checks on youth, maintaining safety of the house, problem solving if conflict arises, cleaning duties, and completing overnight logs. The residential component incorporates therapeutic group and recreational programming, some behavioural management, day to day care of the youth, as well as liaising with social workers, schools, and various community resources. Report writing, case management and maintenance of files and other administrative duties as required.
- · Provides age appropriate day to day care of youth.
- · Engages with youth effectively in both providing direction and participating in activities.
- · Ability to work with a trauma informed, strength bases, harm reduction approach an asset.
- · Enjoys working in a team environment.
- · Ability to maintain records and write daily reports and logs
- Experience working with youth (12-18 years of age)
- Knowledge of residential programs routines and purpose
- Prefer some post-secondary education in psychology and related or a diploma or certificate in related studies.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Must be able to use computer effectively.
- Must possess the following: valid BC driver’s license, current first aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate (training provided), Food Safe certificate
- Must be able to participate in recreational activities
- Excellent references
- Criminal record check is required
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: until filled, internal candidates will be contacted by June 19, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Manager, Youth Services firstname.lastname@example.org Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.