Early Childhood Educator – Permanent, Part Time
July 28, 2020| INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-070
Position: Early Childhood Educator, Senior
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 30 hrs per week – Permanent, Part-Time
Salary: Grid 13 $24.50 – $28.53
We are looking for an Early Childhood Educator, Sr. to join our Sources Oceanside team! The ECE, Sr. provides leadership and guidance for staff, volunteers and students in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities for children under six, including children with special needs, to stimulate their intellectual, physical and emotional growth in consultation with Preschool Program Coordinator.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
Qualifications, Education & Training:
- · Diploma in Early Childhood Education, plus Special Needs or Infant / Toddler Under Three Certificate.
- · Current License to Practice through ECE Registry.
- · Two (2) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- · Current Child First Aid / CPR Certificate.
- · Food Safe Certification.
- · Clear Criminal record check.
Start Date: as soon as possible
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: 4 August, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jane Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org