IDP Consultant – Temporary, Part Time
July 28, 2020| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-071
Position: IDP Consultant
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 7 hrs per week – Temporary, Part-Time (until 31 March, 2021)
Salary: Grid 14-P $33.17 – $38.63
We are looking for an IDP Consultant to join our Sources Oceanside team! The IDP Consultant provides services to families with infants, birth to 3 years of age who are delayed in one or more areas of development, at risk for delay or have an identified condition. These include assessment, treatment planning and implementation of established goals, resource information, referral and support within the early intervention/prevention principles and practices of a family centered philosophy. Some lifting is required to effectively carry out the duties of the position.
This position entails working outside regular office hours and may include evenings and weekends to meet the needs of infants and their families. Home visits are required.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
Qualifications, Education & Training:
- · A degree in nursing, pediatric developmental therapy (i.e.: OT/PT/ST), social work, education, or a related field in child development or the equivalent education and a minimum of 5 years direct service experience relating to competency in early intervention principles and practices in working with developmentally delayed infants, their families and other professionals.
- · Group facilitation skills.
- · Competency in documentation that meets the required accreditation standards.
- · Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- · Ability to prioritize work and be self-motivated to initiate projects.
- · Good organization, time, and general management skills.
- · Current first aid certification.
- · Criminal record check and drivers abstract.
- · Must have current BC Driver‘s License and reliable transportation.
Start Date: as soon as possible
Benefits (if applicable):
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: 4 August, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jane Allen, email@example.com