Supported Child Development Consultant
July, 27, 2020| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-069
Position: Supported Child Development Consultant
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 35 hrs per week – Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Grid 14-P $33.17 – $38.63
We are looking for a Supported Child Development Consultant to join our Sources Oceanside team! This position develops individual plans for children 0-18 years of age who require extra support in conjunction with parents and child care providers. Supports families in making child care decisions. Supports and coordinates the services of child care and other community service providers to facilitate the inclusion of children who require extra support in child care settings.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
- · Bachelor’s degree in a field related to child development.
- · Two (2) years recent related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- · Excellence in communication – oral, written, and computer.
- · Current First Aid Certification.
- · Clear Criminal Record Check.
Start Date: as soon as possible
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: 3 August, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jane Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org