Youth Worker – Permanent Full Time
COMPETITION NO. 20-059
Position: Youth Worker
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 35 hrs per week – Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Grid 12 $23.23 – $27.06
We are looking for a Youth Worker to join our Sources Oceanside team! This position works with youth 13-18 years old to identify needs and risks to their well-being. Plans are developed with youth clients that focus on areas such as emotional well-being, physical health, relationships, social skills, life skills, sexuality and transition to independence. The Youth Worker also provides group-based activities and supports other youth-based events in the community.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
- Degree or Diploma in a related human / social field
- Current First Aid Certification
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract
- Must have current BC Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits (if applicable):
- 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Employee & Family Assistance plan
- Pension plan
- Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: July 13, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jane Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org