Infant Development Consultant – Temporary, Part Time
SEPTEMBER 2, 2020 | INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-086
Position: Infant Development Consultant: Early Years Hub (this is a temporary part-time position that requires H.S.A. union membership)
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP.
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Hours: 28 per week
We are looking for an Infant Development Consultant to join our Sources Infant Development Program team! This individual must be outgoing, passionate about children and self-motivated. This position involves supporting families through community program development.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Infant Development Program
The Infant Development Program is a home visiting program for families with children from birth to 3 years of age at risk or diagnosed with developmental delays. An IDP consultant is a rewarding position where you are able to make a real difference to families by supporting them during what is often a very challenging time in their lives. It is an opportunity to learn about different cultures and family systems and to work closely with community professionals in related fields while helping the family to work through issues. This position is a part of the Early Years Hub a program run in partnership with the Surrey Child Development Centre.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Early Years Hub
- · Program development as part of the Early Years Hub team
- · Meetings for program planning and evaluation
- · Responsible for leading drop-in groups with children aged birth to three and parents as required, in the community and onsite
- · Screening and home visiting families with children who are at risk for or diagnosed with developmental delays
- · Providing developmental consults and information to families (assessments)
- · Available to work the occasional Saturday
- · A degree in a related field (Early Childhood Education, Child and Youth Care or an equivalent as determined by the Program Manager)
- · Minimum one-year experience as an Infant Development Consultant preferred
- · Strong background in child development (early years)
- · Experience planning and implementing early childhood experiences for families
- · Knowledge of the city of Surrey and existing community resources
- · Training and experience in working with young children and families is essential
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills is essential
- · Competency with computers, social media and video chat platforms is required
- · A second language is desirable
- · A cell phone, valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required for work
- · Criminal record check is required
Start Date: November 1, 2020
End Date: October 31, 2021
Salary: $33.17 to $38.63 (to be determined at hire)
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: September 30, 2020 -. Internal candidates will be contacted by October 10, 2020
To apply please contact Yvonne Adebar, Program Manager at email@example.com