Clinical Consultation – Contract
OCTOBER 27, 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-106
Position: Clinical Consultation- Contract Position
Location: Sources Women’s Place, South Surrey
Hours: 3 hours per month (Annual contract)
Join an innovative team and agency in sunny South Surrey. We seek a Master’s or Doctorate level Clinical Consultant to support the counsellors within Sources Trauma Counselling team! This individual must be social justice oriented, have excellent critical thinking skills and possess outstanding clinical and interpersonal skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide wraparound services that provide a continuum of support such as food banks, substance use counselling, employment services, and legal resources. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Trauma Counselling
The Trauma Counselling Program provides STV (Stopping the Violence) counselling services and fee for service counselling to people identifying as cis and trans women, Two-spirit, and non-binary impacted by interpersonal violence, sexual assaults, or historic abuse. We provide individual and group counselling pertaining to violence, abuse, and sexual assaults, following the guidelines of the Best Practices for Stopping the Violence Programs (2006). The team is dynamic, skilled and passionate about providing the necessary supports to help people heal from their experiences and move forward with their lives.
• Bring your creative energy, skills, and insight to help counsellors develop their individual and group counselling skills
• Plan and execute three hour monthly clinical consultations (available on Wednesdays on a fixed schedule).
• Possess an appropriate meeting space in Surrey or White Rock to accommodate in person consultation (when appropriate to do so)
• Help build the program with by injecting your professional expertise
• Be comfortable navigating technology and the online environment
• Work collaboratively with the Manager of Trauma Counselling in the development of the Trauma Counselling Program.
• Provide case consultation meetings and develop a case presentation format.
• Provide relevant and up to date counselling skills and solid knowledge base regarding intersectionality and violence
• Be aware of recent best practices for Trauma Counselling
• Positively represent the program in the community, to support prevention and education on interpersonal violence
- · Provides monthly three-hour consultation sessions or a team of up to 7 counsellors
- · Provide a format for case presentation and engagement in the presentation process
- · Keep up-to-date confidential documentation including signing off on case presentations that are reported as part of the client’s records.
- · Incorporates the central components of trauma counselling, emphasizing safety and stabilization and processing for the individual.
- · Uses peer supervision and My Outcomes (Feedback Informed Training) to ensure the therapeutic approach matches the client needs.
- · M.A., (Counselling Psychology), M.Ed. (Counselling Psychology), M.S.W. or the equivalent combination of education and training
- · Minimum of five years’ experience working with people who have experienced interpersonal violence.
- · Possess current RSW, RCC or CCC designation
Start Date: December 2020
Salary: Please state contract rate expectations in cover letter
Closing Date: November 15, 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Deirdre Goudriaan, Trauma Counselling Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.