Supported Child Development/ASL Interpreter – Permanent, Full Time
October 15, 2020| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-102
Position: Supported Child Development / ASL Interpreter
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 35 hrs per week – Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Grid 13 $24.50 – $28.53
We are looking for a Supported Child Development / ASL Interpreter to join our Sources Oceanside team! This position will facilitate communication between Deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing children and staff within childcare settings. The Supported Child Development / ASL Interpreter will also provide support and direct care to children, encouraging their intellectual, physical and emotional growth.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
- · Early Childhood Education Certificate
- · Special Needs and/or Infant / Toddler Certificate(s) would be an asset
- · American Sign Language Certification or completion of an Interpreter Training Program (must be fluent in ASL)
- · Minimum of two (2) years related experience
- · Current First Aid Certification
- · Clear Criminal Record Check
Start Date: October 26, 2020.
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: October 22, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jane Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org.