OCTOBER 20, 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-103
Position: Youth Care Worker – Permanent Full-Time
Location: Family Connection Center – Youth Services Program – Surrey BC
Hours: 40 hours per week (flexibility required)
We are looking for a Youth Care Worker to join our Sources Family Connections Center team! This individual must be a great team player, have a passion for working with youth, and have a good understanding of attachment theory, trauma and strength based approaches.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Family Connections Center
FCC is a unique, part time therapeutic residential program that assists families to stay together or reunify. The dynamic Youth Care Worker position develops therapeutic relationships with youth to foster change in the youth and their families. Duties include one-on-one and group interventions, case planning, and being involved in supporting positive change in family dynamics. The residential component incorporates therapeutic group and recreational programming, behavioural management, day to day care of the youth, as well as liaising with social workers, schools, and various community resources. Report writing, case management and maintenance of files and other administrative duties as required.
- · Provides age appropriate day to day care of youth.
- · Engages with youth effectively in both providing direction and participating in activities.
- · Ability to work with a trauma informed, strength bases, harm reduction approach an asset.
- · Enjoys working in a team environment.
- · Ability to maintain records and write daily reports and logs
- Experience working with youth (12-17 years of age)
- Knowledge of residential programs routines and purpose
- Prefer post-secondary education in psychology and related or a diploma or certificate in related studies.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Must be able to use computer effectively.
- Must possess the following: valid BC driver’s license, current first aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate (training provided), Food Safe certificate
- Must be able to participate in recreational activities
- Excellent references
- Criminal record check is required
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: When position is filled; internal candidates will be contacted asap.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Azadeh Miley, Youth Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.