Residential Care Worker – Temporary, Part Time
November 4, 2020| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-110
Position: Residential Care Worker- Temporary, Part Time 32 hrs. (Monday-Thursday) 12am-8am Overnight Shifts)
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP.
Location: Georgia House- Delta
Located in Ladner, the RCW at Georgia House contributes to a highly organized, team oriented, and dynamic work environment that supports clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder in residential and community settings.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families for the last 40 years. We are a COA accredited non-profit organization that serves 40,000 individuals annually. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Community Living
Sources Community Living provides all-encompassing care for vulnerable adults who have been referred to us by Community Living British Columbia. Our goal is to foster independence, community integration, and social participation. The Residential Care Worker plays a key role in this project.
- · Assisting residents in all aspects of daily living. (i.e. personal care, appointments, etc.)
- · Following individual client service plans and participate in the on-going of such plans
- · Developing a supportive rapport with clients and actively seeking out new opportunities for clients that relate directly to their goals and objectives
- · Working constructively as part of a team with all colleagues.
- Participate fully in walking, biking, sports, and a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities.
· The completion of tasks as assigned, including routine facility maintenance.
- Minimum 3 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities and/or behavioural challenges.
- Unscripted current class 5 driver’s license is required.
- Minimum 1 year post-secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social work, community social service or equivalent.
- All employment requirements (which include First Aid, NCI Training, TB screening, criminal record check, proof of SIN, immunization form, Class 5 Driver’s License) must be valid and current by agency-set deadlines or your application will not be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and actively use critical thinking skills.
- Ability to act decisively in crisis situations
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) effectively and professionally with clients, parents, staff, management, and other professionals
- Ability to use Word Processor (Word for Windows) to record data and produce reports
- Successful criminal record check
- Proof of SIN
- First Aid/CPR/NCI training is provided by Sources upon hiring
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: $20.52/hr (Grid 10)
· Full Benefits as per collective agreement
Closing Date: November 15 ,2020
How to apply: Please email your COVER LETTER and RESUME to Wendy Orlando, Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.