Volunteer Services Assistant – Temporary, Full Time
NOVEMBER 6, 2020| INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-113
Position: Volunteer Services Assistant – (Summer Student) – 8 week contract
Location: White Rock, B.C.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. Must be available for some weekends and evenings. 35 Hours per week
We are looking for a Volunteer Services Assistant to join our Sources Volunteer Services team. This individual must be energetic, creative and passionate about bringing communities together.
This is a Canada Summer Jobs funded position. The applicant must meet all eligibility criteria and be between the ages of 15 and 30.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Volunteer Services
Sources’ Volunteer Services is designed to support social wellness for individuals and communities through volunteerism. Through our office, we provide direct services to the community to ensure health and wellness services are accessible, and support the entire organization’s mission through the strength of volunteerism. Volunteer Services provides an excellent opportunity for a youth to explore the benefits of working in a non-profit environment, gain valuable knowledge of services available to the community and work together with the community for the health of our most vulnerable members.
- · Assist with the coordination with Sources’ Christmas event.
- · Assist with the provision of Sources’ grocery delivery services.
- · Assist with the operations of Sources’ Volunteer Services, including the support of volunteers and provision of service to clients.
- · Assist with the operations of Sources’ food security programs including the Sources Food Hub and Sources Food Banks.
- · Assist with the implementation of the Seniors’ Outreach program.
- · Assist with maintaining statistical data, reporting requirements and data entry.
- · Other duties as required.
- · Good interpersonal communication skills including public relations, oral and written skills.
- · Self-motivated with time management, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- · Good administrative and technical skills in using standard office equipment, Microsoft Office, and some graphic design tools.
- · Willingness to taken on new challenges and learn new skills in the areas of leadership, public speaking and event coordination.
- · Passionate about social issues and making a direct impact in the areas of seniors’ inclusivity, community engagement, hunger solutions, decreasing food waste, and more.
- · Possesses an understanding of the issues related to poverty and has the ability to handle sensitive client issues with tact and non-judgement.
- · Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- · A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is an asset but not a requirement.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: November 13, 2020; Internal candidates will be contacted by November 13, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Volunteer Services at email@example.com. .