Intake Worker – Casual
DECEMBER 18, 2020| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-124
Position: Intake Worker
Location: White Rock, B.C.
Hours: Casual, flexible 4-16 hours/week
We are looking for an Intake Worker to join our Sources Counselling Services team! This individual must be empathetic, kind-hearted and detail oriented.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Counselling Services
Sources provides Clinical Counselling from professionally registered counsellors to children, youth, adults and families to address a variety of life challenges. Be a part of a dynamic team dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people who are encountering significant distress.
- · Conducting phone intakes with new clients requesting services
- · Providing information and resources appropriate to clients
- · Record keeping
- · Maintenance of client files and databases for Sources Counselling Programs
- · Ensuring confidentiality of client information
- · Preference that the candidate possesses a diploma or certificate from a business college in Medical Office Administration, Administrative Assistant or a Substance Use Services Diploma or related from a recognized institution of training or equivalent.
- · Two years related experience required. Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required.
- · Experience in a clinical atmosphere is an asset.
- · Must be able to work independently and have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- · Experience in social services, customer services or substance use services are assets to this position.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: December 30, 2020. Internal candidates will be contacted by January 4, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to George Passmore, Director of Personal & Family Counselling and Support at email@example.com Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.