Supported Child Development Assistant – Temporary, Part Time
December 1, 2020| INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-120
Position: Supported Child Development Assistant (2 positions)
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 17.5 hrs per week – Temporary, Part Time (to March 31, 2021)
Salary: Grid 13 $24.50 – $28.53
We are looking for two SCD Assistants to join our Sources Oceanside team! This position provides support and direct care to children, encouraging their intellectual, physical and emotional growth. The direct work with the children will occur in daycare / preschool settings.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
- · Early Childhood Education Certificate, plus Special Needs and / or Infant / Toddler Certificates.
- · Minimum of two (2) years recent related experience.
- · Current First Aid Certification.
- · Clear Criminal Record Check.
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Benefits (if applicable):
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 4 weeks (pro-rata)
Closing Date: December 8, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jane Allen, email@example.com.