Family Social Worker – Temporary, Part Time
January 27, 2021| INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-009
Position: Family Social Worker
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 20 hrs per week – Temporary, Part Time
(February 1 – August 1, 2021)
Salary: Grid 16-P $36.92 – $43.05
We are looking for a Family Social Worker to join our Sources Oceanside team! This position delivers a brief, multi-component intervention designed to prevent child out-of-home placement, assist families in reunification following out-of-home placement, and reduce the risk for child maltreatment by assisting families to change behaviours and increase their skills. Develop, implement and maintain intervention strategies and services that will facilitate family’s success. Services are intensive and primarily home-based, with a focus on family strengths and involving families in case planning. This position may involve evening and weekend hours.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
Qualifications / Education / Training:
- · Master’s Degree in Social Services disciplines – MSw, MA Counselling Psychology or related discipline.
- · Knowledge of child development and advanced parenting techniques.
- · Knowledge of Oceanside community resources, an asset.
- · Certificate in Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics preferred.
- · Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with families at moderate to high risk of abuse and neglect with a focus on child protection.
- · Demonstrated skill in applying a family-centered strength-based approach when working with families of children and youth.
- · Demonstrated ability to use a cultural safety framework when working with Aboriginal families and communities.
- · Demonstrated ability to flexibly accommodate the communication, learning styles, and ethno cultural, and socio-economic circumstances of all families.
- · Excellence in communication – oral, written, public speaking, and computer.
- · Clear Criminal Record Check.
Start Date: As soon as possible
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: February 4, 2021.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jane Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org.